Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Soul Fixin'

Good Morning, this moment is long overdue but allow me to introduce myself and welcome you to Public Soul Announcement. I am the sole founder, creator, and writer for Public Soul Announcement. I'm a twenty-something college student based in NYC. I gained a deep passion and appreciation for music as a child combing through my mother's record collection. A few of my favorite artists are Mary J. Blige, Al Green, Aretha Franklin, Jay-Z, Donny Hathaway, Mavis Staples, Common, Marvin Gaye, Maxwell, Anthony Hamilton and Chrisette Michele. Common once said "music can be forever if you make it from the heart, if you make it from the soul and it’s good." I created Public Soul Announcement with one goal in mind, to keep good music alive in this world of generic radio friendly "music." Here at Public Soul Announcement I'm able to combine my love of music and social and political issues affecting the black community. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. While you are visiting, check out some of my favorite posts.

Lost Ones
Never Can Say Goodbye: A Tribute To Isaac Hayes
Pioneers of R&B Need Our Help
Ain't Nothing Like Aretha
Soul Tracks: Common featuring D'Angelo 'So Far To Go'
The Black Woodstock
Soul Tracks: Al Green 'God Blessed Our Love'
Young,Gifted,Black and Dead!!!
Classic Album Revisited: Donny Hathaway Everything Is Everything

0 comments: