Friday, August 8, 2008

Soul Fixin'

Raphael Saadiq Makes A '100 Yard Dash' As the release date for Saadiq's The Way I See It draws near, another soul drenched track has hit the 'net. The vintage soul set hits stores September 16.'100 Yard Dash,' the latest track to pop up on the net is highly addictive, I've played it five times in a row. I can't enough of Raphael Saadiq, September 16 can't come fast enough. Raphael Saadiq describes the track as "a juke joint, Booker T.-type groove. I reflected back to my first Tony!Toni!Tone! albums when I was singing in a high tenor voice." The music speaks for itself, listen and savor the soul.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to listen to this song using the link listed, and it didn't work. So I had to Google it. Anyway, I love the song, and by Googling the album I was able to listen to 3 other songs from the album. I can't wait for this to drop!

Anonymous said...

He is a wonderful artist and I can't wait for this album to come out, keep it up Mr. Saadiq.

Valerie. 40