Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Soul Tracks

As all things 2008 come to a close, I've decided to share a couple of my favorite songs from the past twelve months. I kicked things off on Monday with the Al Green and Corrine Bailey-Rae duet 'Take Your Time.' On Tuesday,Raphael Saadiq's Motown infused 'Staying In Love', surfaced on the list. Up next is a tune from soul crooner Robin Thicke's '08 release Something Else. Even though Robin Thicke upset me a few months ago by claiming VIBE magazine has a strict policy against having white artists on the cover, I was the digging the track 'Dreamworld' the moment I heard it. The somber tune, that invokes the memory of Marvin Gaye among other things, proved to be a magic moment on an album that failed to please the masses. Sit back and enjoy.


0 comments: